Fraser Island is a natural environment and conditions are unpredictable. Keep you and your family happy and healthy by reading all the safety information on the QPWS website, in brochures and on signs. It’s up to you to make your visit to Fraser Island memorable for all the right reasons.
The Health, Safety and Wellbeing of all volunteers is Four Wheel Drive Queensland’s number one priority.
To ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all volunteers and to reduce the risk of injury and illness the below must be followed:
- Wear high visibility clothing or vest
- Wear closed in footwear
- Wear long sleeved shirt and pants
- Wear hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Wear gloves
- Use rubbish tool to pick up rubbish to reduce risk of musculoskeletal injury
- Have adequate supply of food and water and keep well hydrated and take regular rest breaks
- Never handle suspected or identified hazardous or dangerous goods
- Have access to first aider and first aid kit in the event of injury or illness
Additionally, volunteers should work together in groups and ensure children are kept at arms reach at all times. Car pooling is recommended and never drive or park vehicle on sand dunes (fines apply).
Report negative or close encounters with dingoes to the nearest ranger, or by phoning (07) 4127 9150 or emailing email@example.com
Have adequate communication means in the event of an emergency situation or incident occurring. Report all incidents ASAP to 4WD Queensland or event official.
- NEVER feed dingoes
- Always stay within arm’s reach of children, even small teenagers
- Always walk in groups
- Do not run – running or jogging can trigger a negative dingo interaction
- Camp in fenced camping areas when possible
- Lock up food stores and iceboxes (even on a boat)
- Never store food or food containers in tents
- Secure all rubbish, fish and bait
- Plan carefully to be dingo-safe on Fraser Island
- Report negative or close encounters with dingoes to the nearest ranger, or by phoning (07) 4127 9150 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org